Hi beauty babes! I hope that you are all doing well and keeping safe during these trying times. Today I would like to tell you about Avon’s Eyes & Lip products. I know that this post is a bit delayed from my previous Avon Complexion Products & Makeup Tools blog post but I’ve been at work for the past couple of weeks and been super exhausted. The Avon Eyes & Lip products that I’m going to tell you about in detail are: Avon True Perfect Wear Eyeshadow Quads, Avon True Colour Glimmerstick Waterproof Eyeliner, Avon True Colour Glimmerstick Diamonds Eyeliners, Avon True Supershock Max Volume Waterproof Mascara and Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick. Let’s get to it!
Avon True Perfect Wear Eyeshadow Quad
I’ve always been a fan of Avon’s eyeshadow quads, they are quick and easy to use and perfect for beginners as each colour in the quad is numbered and placed in order of use, the numbers help guide you to a gorgeous smokey eye. Not only can you use them according to the numbers but you can apply them in whichever order you like to create your own unique look (which I’ll show you), you can even mix and match colours from each quad to your preference and creativity.
I received two eyeshadow quads in the shades Barely Blush and Vibrant Spice, one is neutral and natural, perfect for everyday use and for the office while the other is more bold, perfect for a night out.
The eyeshadow quads come in a mixture of matte, shimmer and metallic complementary shades. Some have only shimmer and metallic shades but are very workable together. Avon promises that each shade builds and blends easily to create the perfect smokey eye and that it doesn’t fade or settle into the crease as it wears.
Each eyeshadow quad comes in a square black box with the Avon logo and text in silver standing out against the full black, enclosed is a sleek square shiny finish compact, to open up you push the front part in (a little type of push-button on the front side) and the lid lifts up to reveal a clear mirrored lid, four numbered shades on the bottom half and on the right side of the eyeshadows a double-ended sponge applicator which works best with shimmers and pigments but I personally think palettes could do away with these.
How to use:
- Dust shade no.1 over your lid and if the colour is light enough or closest to your skin tone then also apply it up to the brow bone.
- Apply shade no.2 on lids to your preferred colour intensity as each colour is buildable.
- Blend the deeper darker shades no.3 and no.4 into the creases and outer corner of your eyes, you can also use shade no.4 to line the upper lash line and along the lower lash line.
Barely Blush is a beautiful everyday palette with soft peach and nude brown shades, it has a mixture of matte and shimmer shades. This eyeshadow quad is more suitable for light to medium skin tones as the shades are soft and wouldn’t show up much on deeper skin tones.
Let me tell you about each shade and how they work. They don’t have any names but each shade is numbered, I’ll also tell you how I’ve used each shade according to their numbers to create my soft smokey eye look:
- This is a matte beige shade which is perfect to use all over the lids to set concealer or eyeshadow primer or even to use as a base on it’s own. This shade blends into my skin so it’s not visible but works well as a base. It slightly builds up to a soft white if packed on.
- This is a shimmery soft peach, it contains small silver glitter particles. This shade works well on the lids which is where I applied it to create my look. In addition, you can use this shade as an inner corner highlight. I also used this shade along my inner corner bottom lash line. This shade is soft in pigment and slightly builds up and packed with shimmer when layered for slight intensity.
- This is a medium shimmery brown shade which works well on the lid, as a transition colour on the crease and to smoke out the eye on the outer corners which is how I used it and also along my bottom lash line. This shade is also soft in pigment but definitely buildable when layered on, it has a beautiful metallic like finish.
- The last shade is a stunning chocolaty dark shimmery brown, this colour is perfect for the crease and to smoke out the eye on outer corners which is how I used it and I also used it along my bottom lash line. This shade is very pigmented and can be built up, it has a pretty golden brown almost bronze metallic/shimmery finish.
I really love this eyeshadow quad for when I want a more natural look. I didn’t experience any fallout, each shade is very light and soft in pigment but slightly builds up, the eyeshadows are not buttery soft but all shades are easy to blend and are not patchy. Avon kept to their promise as the eyeshadows did not crease and fade throughout the day. The best part about the eyeshadows for me is that it didn’t get into my eyes and irritate my eyes especially the shimmery shades. I’m very impressed with the pigment, blendability and wear!
Vibrant Spice is a more bold eyeshadow quad which only contains shimmer and metallic shades which work well together. It is made up of stunning golden and purple shades. I used the first palette according to the numbers but this one I played around with to show you the possibilities with these eyeshadow quads.
Let me tell you more about each shade, how they perform and how I’ve used them to create a golden cut crease look:
- This is a beautiful mustard golden shimmer. It’s perfect to use on the lid and as an inner corner highlight. I used this shade over my lids as a third step in creating my look. I cut my crease using the Avon True Colour Flawless Concealer Stick which you can read about here. This shade has a beautiful golden metallic finish which doesn’t show as beautifully in the pictures.
- This is a pretty dark peach with golden shimmer. I used it on my inner corner and along my inner corner lower lash line as the very last step in creating my look. This shade is so stunning and would look beautiful all over the lid for a different look. It has a shimmery finish thanks to the small golden glitter particles.
- This is a deep shimmery purple. I packed this shade onto my crease as a transition colour, it’s highly pigmented and buildable and there’s no fallout. The shimmer doesn’t show up much on my eyes when packed on but once blended in you can see the tiny purple glitter particles. I also applied this shade along my lower lash line to smoke out and complete my look. This was the first and second last shade I used for this look. This purple has a really stunning metallic finish and would also look perfect on the lids for a deep dramatic smokey eye.
- This is a deep dark metallic brown. I packed this colour onto my outer v and crease to deepen the crease and then I cut the crease with the Avon Concealer. This was the second step in creating my look. This shade is very pigmented and buildable, it blended into the purple well. I also applied this shade along the outer lower lash line close to my lashes to smoke out my eyes as a last step to my look.
I experienced a little glitter fallout with the shimmer shade but nothing that the Avon Concealer couldn’t cover up. Every shade in this eyeshadow quad is highly pigmented and blends beautifully. The shimmer shades in both eyeshadow quads don’t feel grainy in the pan and on the eyes. The eyeshadows in this quad did not crease and fade throughout the day. I’m really impressed with these Avon eyeshadow quads and they are affordable and apply and wear impressively well.
Avon True Colour Glimmerstick Black Waterproof Eyeliner
I have very sensitive eyes and also wear contacts so when it comes to eyeliner I’m very fussy about which one I use as most eyeliners irritate my eyes. I prefer to use retractable eyeliners rather than pencils as pencils can irritate my eyes easily especially after being sharpened as they can be scratchy and bits of the actual pencil can go into the eyes.
Avon claims that their Glimmerstick eyeliners are the easiest eyeliners that you’ll ever use. Their formula is improved for more intensity, tug-free and soft glide. It is also vitamin enriched offering bold, all-day colour in just 1 swipe. Their eyeliners have special polymers for longer wear, blendable lines and provides higher impact definition. It is also waterproof, smudge-proof and lasts for up to 10 hours with a creamy texture and smooth colour. This eyeliner is also suitable for sensitive eyes.
Avon’s retractable eyeliners come in long black boxes with the Avon logo and text in silver, enclosed is the retractable eyeliner pencil with a pull off lid that safely secures the eyeliner so it won’t open up and smudge in your makeup bag or handbag. The end of the eyeliner has a colour strip that corresponds with the colour of the actual eyeliner. No sharpener is needed – simply twist up for more colour. The eyeliner is slim and pointy but the pointed end wears down with the first use so it becomes more flat and doesn’t offer a more precise application.
The eyeliner has a soft, creamy texture, it applies on smoothly and is very pigmented and buildable, by applying slightly more pressure when applying it on you can get intense colour payoff or with light pressure you can get a more soft black result which is what I like on my lower lash line.
The pointy tip becomes flat after first use, I would’ve liked a little sharpener on the other end of the pencil to make it pointy to create winged eyeliner. The eyeliner has a soft creamy formula, applies on smoothly and evenly. It is long-lasting, doesn’t smudge, fade and rub off throughout the day and it is also waterproof. I had the eyeliner on and was caught in the rain and it didn’t budge even after having a shower some of it still remains on the eyes but can easily be removed with an eye makeup remover or micellar water.
I really love that this eyeliner does not irritate my eyes especially when I’m wearing contact lenses. This has become my favourite everyday eyeliner, I don’t have to worry about reapplying it throughout the day because it doesn’t fade or smudge, I don’t have to apply layers upon layers to get my desired colour intensity and I also don’t have to worry if it’s going to smudge and rub off every time I touch my eyes or when my eyes tear up, it really stays put!
Avon True Colour Glimmerstick Diamonds Eyeliner
I received some coloured glitter eyeliners from the Glimmerstick Diamonds range, these eyeliners contain very fine glitter particles for a more sparkly look.
Avon claims that the Glimmerstick Diamonds eyeliners are the easiest eyeliners that you’ll ever use. They have a gorgeously soft and creamy texture that adds a sparkling line to your eyes. They glide on smoothly, without pulling or tugging at the skin. Just like the Glimmerstick Waterproof eyeliner they have an improved formula for bold, all-day colour in just 1 swipe. With special polymers for long wear and blendable lines. They provide high impact definition with a shimmer finish that lasts all day. They are also waterproof, smudge-proof, lasts up to 10 hours and are suitable for sensitive eyes.
The packaging is exactly the same as the Glimmerstick Waterproof eyeliner, the only way to differentiate the two ranges is by the title on the actual box and also the text and logo on the actual retractable eyeliners, the text and logo on the Glimmerstick Diamonds eyeliners are in a beautiful holographic silver. Each pencil has a colour strip around the end that corresponds with the actual colour of the eyeliner inside. No sharpener needed – simply twist up for more colour.
The colours that I received are:
- Black Bioux: This is a beautiful soft black with fine red glitter particles. When applied onto the eyes it has more of a navy blue finish than black.
- Twilight Sparkle: This is a stunning royal blue with tiny silver glitter particles. This shade is definitely my favourite from the three.
- Silver Lights: This is steel grey with very fine silver glitter particles.
All three eyeliners have a super soft, creamy texture, be careful not to exert too much pressure when applying them on as they break very easily. Each shade applies on smoothly and evenly with just one glide without tugging on the eyes, they are not very pigmented by the pigment can be built up by layering them on. The glitter shows up beautifully and sparkles in the sun, not only can these eyeliners be used on the waterline or to create a graphic eyeliner look like I did but they can also be smudged and used as a cream eyeshadow like I did on the inner corners of my eyes with the shade Silver Lights. They are easy to smudge as soon as they are applied on but the colour is not as intense however, you can build up the colour by layering it on. The glitter transfers a bit to the rest of the eyes but it’s not a train smash as the glitter is extremely fine so not very noticeable around the face and surprisingly it does not get into and irritate the eyes. It also does not feel grainy on the eyes, it’s actually very comfortable on and the eyeliner doesn’t smudge, transfer and fade throughout the day and the glitter does not move around.
I’m really loving the Glimmerstick Diamonds eyeliners as they add sparkle to any makeup look and they are versatile, you can use them as you would a normal eyeliner or as cream eyeshadow or lip liner/lipstick. I wish they came with a little sharpener on the other end to make the tip pointy, because it’s a very soft creamy formula it doesn’t stay pointy after first application so you can’t get precise application with these as you would with a liquid eyeliner. I would love to see the Glimmerstick Diamonds eyeliner as gel liners in a small pot or liquid eyeliners, I think this would be absolutely perfect and easier to create more graphic eyeliner and just general winged liner looks.
Avon True Supershock Max Volume Waterproof Mascara
Avon definitely knows how to do mascara! I’ve always been a fan of their mascaras, each mascara does what they offer to do so I was excited to try their Supershock Max Volume Waterproof Mascara when I received it. I always lean more towards waterproof mascaras as they last longer and don’t flake and irritate my eyes and I always purchase mascara that offers volume as my lashes need volume, curl and length.
The Avon True Supershock Max Volume Mascara is a defining and separating mascara with waterproof benefits. It claims to give lashes up to 15x more volume, it has a Helix Brush and Plumping Complex which coats and combs lashes as it builds to prevent clumps. Lashes look ultra dark with dramatic volume that pops. The best part is that it washes off easily at the end of the day.
The mascara has a green plastic wrapper around it that can be easily peeled off revealing a chunky green tube with chrome silver text and a water droplet to emphasise that it is waterproof. The wand is thick and straight and not curved like most mascara wands and it has tiny bristles spread throughout the head. The mascara itself smells a little weird but not overwhelming when applied to the lashes, the texture is thick and not runny and the colour is a nice deep black.
The tiny bristles comb through and lifts the lashes in just one swipe. I love how the mascara curls, lengthens and gives my lashes some much needed volume without clumping and nicely separates my lashes. The mascara is long-lasting, it doesn’t smudge and flake throughout the day and most importantly it does not burn and irritate my eyes. I’m really impressed with this mascara and the way the helix brush lengthens and makes my lashes lush and beautiful. If you haven’t yet tried Avon’s Mascaras then what are you waiting for! I can guarantee you that you won’t be disappointed.
Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick
When Avon released their nude matte lipstick range I was dying to try them out, who doesn’t love nude lipsticks? I received one of the lipsticks from the range which is in the shade Nude Suede.
Avon True Perfectly Matte Lipsticks are 100% matte for sculpted, defined lips. Avon offers lasting colour and comfort in just 1 sweep with colour that stays true, hour after hour. The formula is lightweight and hydrating without drying, cracking and caking. It guarantees comfort throughout the day.
The Perfectly Matte Lipstick is wrapped in a black plastic that peels off easily revealing a nice velvety feel matte black tube emphasising the finish of the lipstick. It has a silver ring at the bottom that has Avon engraved into it, the ring separates the lid from the bottom half of the tube, the lid pulls off easily yet safely secures the lipstick in the tube. The bottom of the tube has a sticker label that states the shade and also corresponds with the colour of the actual lipstick. The actual lipstick is slanted like most lipsticks to provide smooth, even and precise application. The lipstick has Avon etched into it making me not want to use too much of it that it disappears.
Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Nude Suede lipstick is a perfect brownish pink nude for my skin tone, the shade looked too light and pale in the tube so I thought it might be a tad bit light for my skin tone and that I would have to use it with a darker lip liner but when I applied it, it was actually the perfect shade for my skin tone. It has a slight pleasant sweet scent, it applies on smoothly and evenly and has a nice soft, creamy but almost powdery texture. The lipstick feels so comfortable on the lips and also very moisturising. It’s the perfect everyday colour and looks stunning paired with bold eye makeup looks. This lipstick will also work perfectly as a blush to give the cheeks a soft wash of colour.
This has become my new favourite nude lipstick, I love that it’s not drying for a matte lipstick, it doesn’t crack and cake on the lips even though it has an almost powdery texture and that it feels very comfortable, soft and moisturising while providing stunning colour payoff and even and full coverage.
Overall, I’m very impressed with all the Avon products that I received and will definitely be purchasing some more products to add to my collection. I love that their products are affordable yet the quality is amazing.