Intensify your look with Yardley’s Intense Rouge Lipsticks. I’m an absolute fan of Yardley’s lipsticks they know how to do lipsticks right, their formulas are amazing, their lipsticks always feel lightweight even the mattes which makes Yardley my go-to lipstick brand. Besides the amazing formula they create shades that are universal and look good on all skin tones. With that being said I would like to introduce you to Yardley’s Intense Rouge lipstick range. The range consists of 10 creamy, highly pigmented, intense on-trend shades that offers super smooth application with an intense colour finish. The colours range from nudes to gorgeous shades of red and purples.
I love the packaging of this range, the lipsticks are housed in black lipstick bullet tubes that has a see-through strip around the centre of the tube where the lipstick peaks through so you can see the colour of the lipstick and the bottom of the tube has the name of the lipstick shade. When the lid is pulled off, the top half of the tube is see-through so you can see the full lipstick. It’s a twist tube and the lid clicks back in so it won’t open up in your cosmetic bag and smudge everywhere. The feel and look of Yardley’s lipstick bullet packaging corresponds with the finish of the lipstick (matte lipsticks have matte packaging while this range has a shiny packaging). The shape of the lipstick is the usual slanted, pointy tip which allows for even and precise application. The packaging is beautiful and very eye-catching on the Yardley stands.
The ten stunning shades in this range are:
- Wink: nude brown with pink undertones. I’m in love with this shade it’s the perfect nude for me and definitely an everyday colour that doesn’t stain the lips.
- Mantra: plum with blue undertones. This colour is highly pigmented, so there’s no need to layer it on.
- Almost Bare: mauve brown (brown with grey tones). This is another beautiful medium nude, perfect for darker skin tones but works well on all. Another perfect everyday colour. This shade stains the outline of the lips so it’s best to first line the lips with a lip liner before applying this shade.
- Bae: pale peach almost coral with fine silver glitter. This is one of my favourite colours in the range. It feels a little grainy when my lips are rubbed together because of the fine glitter particles that is very subtle, almost unnoticeable but sparkles in all the right places (centre of lips and cupid’s bow) giving the illusion of fuller lips. I love how this shade looks against my skin tone, it pops and makes me look tanned or bronzed. Even though this shade is pigmented it needs to be layered for even and full coverage and despite the glitter particles it applies on smoothly and doesn’t feel grainy when applied.
- Crush: bright red with a bit of pink and orange tones. This is such a beautiful unique colour! It was definitely love at first sight when I saw this shade. It is bright just the way that I like my lipsticks to be, creating a statement. It’s highly pigmented so it tends to be a little messy but nothing that lip liner and translucent powder can’t fix.
- Scandal: deep vampy plum. Normally deep vampy shades such as this are matte which allows for the pigment to be so deep and intense but Scandal is intense and highly pigmented despite its soft, creamy formula and satin finish. One coat offers full and even coverage with a stunning intensity, there’s no need to layer this shade. This is the perfect shade for a night out, definitely a statement colour.
- XOXO: bold, vibrant, pinkish purple with a blue undertone. I immediately fell in love with this colour even though its vibrant and bold it’s still perfect for day to night adding a pop of colour to awaken your complexion. It is highly pigmented so one swipe is all you need for full and even coverage.
- Posh: pretty maroon shade that is highly pigmented. This shade is beautiful and screams elegance.
- Miss Scarlet: bold, bright candy apple red with blue undertones. Another beautiful universal red, Yardley knows how to create the perfect shades of red for all skin tones.
- Crave: ginger/rust colour. This colour is stunning unlike any other colour, it reminds me of Christmas and gingerbread cookies. This shade could possibly be a dupe for Too Faced Gingerbread Man Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick. I’m definitely wearing this shade during the festive season.
The lip swatch shades from top left to right are: Wink, Mantra, Almost Bare, Bae, Miss Scarlet, Scandal, XOXO, Posh, Crush and Crave.
Yardley’s Intense Rouge lipstick has a pleasant sweet scent, it has a soft, creamy texture and glides on smoothly. Each shade is highly pigmented so there is full and even coverage in just one glide, so there is no need to layer them on (besides the shade Bae). The Intense Rouge lipsticks are moisturising, lightweight and comfortable on the lips, it is not long-lasting because of the beautiful soft, creamy texture however, because they are insanely pigmented some colours tend to stain the lips but it’s easy to remove. It has a satin and slight glossy finish and perfect for all year round, especially with the colour selection thats available. The beautiful glossy finish makes the Yardley Intense Rouge lipsticks perfect for spring/summer while the hydrating formula makes them perfect for autumn/winter.
You really get intense colour payoff with this range making the name absolutely fitting. What’s great about this range is that they can also be used as cream blush or eyeshadow making them versatile. To use as blush and eyeshadow all you have to do is dab lightly onto the apples of your cheeks or eyelids and blend with your fingers or a blending sponge for the cheeks and fluffy brush for the eyelids.
The Yardley Intense Rouge lipsticks retail for R89.95 each and are available at selected Clicks, Dis-Chem, Foschini, Edgar’s, Takealot and leading pharmacies nationwide. So which shades will you be getting?