We can definitely feel the change of season, the air feels colder, nights are longer and the days are shorter and with the change we find ourselves opting for more warm earthy tones. Kangol created the perfect eyeshadow palette and nail varnishes for the new season with beautiful rich earthy tones inspired by the autumn leaves, the late sunrises and early sunsets.
Kangol Warm Earth Nail Varnishes
Kangol released six nail polishes with beautiful names that compliment each shade, I received ‘Twilight Sky’ which is a dark green shade almost turquoise and ‘Paisley Purple’ which is a pretty warm purple. These shades are very pigmented and apply on evenly with just one coat. The thin brush applicator allows for precise application.
To create this mani I painted all my nails besides my accent nail with two coats of ‘Paisley Purple ’ and the accent nails with two coats of ‘Twilight Sky’, once fully dry I made leaf like patterns on each nail using a small slanted nail art brush. I did ‘Paisley Purple’ leaves on the accent nails and ‘Twilight Sky’ leaves on the rest. To make them pop I then decided to use Kangol ‘Gold Digger’ and used a dotting tool to make the leaf “veins” and “stem” and slightly bigger dots around the leaves.
Kangol Warm Earth ‘Nocturnal’ Eyeshadow Palette
The silver tin box eyeshadow palette really stands out, opening up to beautiful warm tones, a conveniently big clear mirror and a two sided eyeshadow brush.
The Kangol ‘Nocturnal’ Eyeshadow Palette has 12 perfect Autumn/Winter colours which are all very pigmented. The colours vary from warm greens to beautiful winter night blues. 9 of the colours have a shimmer finish, there are 2 matte finishes and 1 glitter finish.
The double ended brush included in each palette has one side (flat) to apply on the eyeshadow and the other side (fluffy) to blend, the brush has very soft bristles and works well.
Each shade does not have a name and because the photos don’t do justice to the vibrant colours I will try and explain each shade starting from the left:
1. This is a deep green colour with a silver shimmery finish
2. This shade is a pretty forest green with a gold shimmery finish
3. This shade is a stunning light golden green with a golden shimmery finish
4. A pretty golden shimmery shade
5. This is a very pretty shimmery bronze/copper shade
6. This is the perfect shade to apply on as a base or transition colour it’s a dull brown colour with a grey undertone and has a matte finish
7. A pretty beige shimmer colour perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner of the eyes
8. Steel grey colour with a silver shimmery finish
9. This colour is so stunning it’s a royal blueish purple colour with a silvery purple shimmery finish (that’s the best way I can describe it 🙈)
10. Turquoise with slight silver glitter (this shade is similar to the ‘Twilight Sky’ nail varnish)
11. Dark blue almost purple with a silver undertone and shimmery finish. This is more of a metallic shade.
12. Flat black matte
The colours are very pigmented and have a very soft texture (I find that the ones with the shimmery finish feel softer than the others). They blend well and are long-lasting even without using an eyeshadow primer the colours do not fade or crease. What I love about this palette is that there’s a variety of colours to choose from in just one palette, you can create many looks with this palette from a soft every day look to a more bold look, the palette is extremely versatile and the colours are universal suiting all skin tones. The shimmery shades have almost a metallic finish and pop on the eyes.
I can’t choose a favourite shade from this palette as all are amazingly beautiful and each have the perfect finish. This palette really inspires me to be more creative this winter and create bold eye-catching looks..who said winter has to be dull and boring? 😉.
These products can be found exclusively in Truworths stores. The nail varnishes retail for R65.00 and the eyeshadow palette is R159.00 which is so affordable for the amount of colours each palette contains and with a mirror and brush that one can actually use. Kangol cosmetics are really brilliant quality with a really great price tag and they are releasing such fabulous products.